Euclide 0.6.5 has been released!
A new version of Euclide has been released, since the end of 2011. It includes many bug fixes, new constructions, and a new toolbar, that make it much easier to create geometric constructions !
Among new features:
- New operations on polygons: difference and exclusive or
- Can now construct ellipse by 2 focus and 1 point
- A toolbar for better interaction
- added support for menu accelerators
- several bug fixes
What is Euclide ?
Euclide is a dynamic geometry software, which tries to be as flexible as possible. You start by placing some free points, then you create objects using these points: lines, circles, line segment, circle arcs... each new figure can in turn be used to compose new shapes. By moving the points placed at the beginning, one can observe the evolution of the figure. An example is given below.
The software is still largely in development, and many functions are not yet implemented.
In the actual version, Euclide allows following actions:
- Creation of free points, points on shapes, or intersection points
- Interactive displacement of free points
- Creation and storage of various affine trasnforms: line symetry, point symetry, translation, rotation
- zoom of the figure
- measure of length, distances, angles
- use of measures to create other shapes
- creation of shape locus
- context help giving the next thing to do for each action ("clic a point", "choose a curve"...)
How to get it ?
You can get more information at the installation page.
How to get help ?