Euclide software history
Euclide 0.6.5 released!
A new version of Euclide has been released, since the end of 2011. It includes many bug fixes, new constructions, and a new toolbar, that make it much easier to create geometric constructions !
Among new features:
- New operations on polygons: difference and exclusive or
- Can now construct ellipse by 2 focus and 1 point
- A toolbar for better interaction
- added support for menu accelerators
- several bug fixes
Euclide 0.6.1 released (13/02/2010)
Euclide 0.6.1 has just been released (13/02/2010). You can download the latest release of the software.
This version is mainly a bug-fix release. It brings improvement in drawing styles management, a better support of file reading and writing, the possibility to perform operations on measures, and some cosmetic changes in the grapical interface.
Complete list of changes is given in file changelog.txt.
Euclide 0.6.0 released (10/09/2009)
The main new feature of this release is the basic support for macros. User can now define a macro by selecting several shape inputs and an output shape, and repeat the processing for different inputs.
Moreover, the display has been improved, by using new version of the underlying geometric library javaGeom.
Euclide 0.5.3 released (04/08/2009)This version fixes several bugs, and enhance the GUI. Among new features :
- icons have been introduced in menu
- zoom has been improved
- it is possible to move a shape that depends only on free points
- it is now possible to import/export coordinates of point sets
- enhanced support of labels
- new constructions (conversions between point sets and polylines/polygons, rotation by center and angle measure, curve locus)
This should be the last of the 0.5.x versions.
Euclide 0.5.2 released (24/04/2009)New features:
- added new constructions:
- Convex hull of a point set and an array of points
- Parallel Curve
- conic y 5 points
- singular points of a curve
- foci of a conic
- length of a curve (approximated)
- isBounded and isEmpty predicates
- tangents, curvature and osculating circle can now be constructed on curve sets
- added StringLabel
- impleted clear locus action
- added support for Tooltip in menu
- fixed display bugs
- switched to javaGeom 0.7.1
Euclide 0.5.1 released (22/12/2008)Euclide 0.5.1 has been releeased. Amoung new features:
- added new constructions(domains, boundary of domain, scaling transform...)
- added new measures: winding angle, counting measures
- added grid management
- added possibilities for picking points: intersections of lines, circles, polygon vertex
- added preview of shape- better support of multi document
- better control on names of layers
- uses the javaGeom 0.6.3 library
Older versions...Euclide is quite an old project. I'm not involved with very high activity, but I keep interest in making it better over the years. Here is a summary of the main steps:
- 2004: start rewriting (again), by using a separate document model and a Model-View-Controller strategy.
- Also, put gui, gui tools, gui actions, and views in different subfolders, making the project arborescence a little bit structured.
- Dec. 2003: start javaGeom library, and rewrites Euclide to separate library from specific shapes and interface.
- Apr. 2002: first version, in french.
back to home